Jose Ariel Jimenez Rivera was born in Manila, Philippines in 1966 but has since migrated with his family and became a Canadian citizen. Ariel Rivera was an architect in Canada before his singing talent was accidentally discovered while vacationing in the Philippines. He has since become a successful singer-songwriter, actor, and Aliw award-winning artist.
 Early life
Ariel Rivera was born on September 1, 1966. He has four siblings.
 Early career
In 1989, Musiko Entertainment signed the 23 year old to their label. His debut was crafted very carefully and was labeled as their "Next Big Thing." After two years, his self-titled debut album was finally ready for release. The first single, "Sana Kahit Minsan" was a #1 pop-r&b crossover hit. The album went 3x platinum. In 1991, he quickly released his second album, Simple Lang. This album also went 3x platinum.
 Acting career
In 1992, Ariel Rivera decided to take a chance at acting. His first starring role in the film Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal earned him a Best Supporting Actor award in the 1992 Metro Manila Film Festival. A lead role opposite Sharon Cuneta in 1993's "Ikaw" made him a bankable leading actor. He also co-starred in Isang sulok ng mga pangarap (1994); Anghel na walang langit (1994); Minsan May Pangarap: The Guce Family Story (1995); May nagmamahal sa iyo (1996), Ikaw pala ang mahal ko (1997) and Bata, bata ... Paano ka ginawa? (1998).
 Acting Awards
* 1992: Metro Manila Film Festival Best Supporting Actor for "Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal"
* 2005: 2nd Golden Screen [Entertainment TV] AwardsOutstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for "Forever In My Heart" (GMA-7)
 Return to music
In 1994, Ariel began recording new material for his next album, Photograph. Photograph was released in the spring of 1995. The album would earn critical acclaim. His album would turn Gold in the Philippines.
 Family Man
Ariel married actress Gelli de Belen at Santuario de San Jose on December 22, 1997; they have two sons: Joaquin Andres (born on January 29, 1999) and Julio Alessandro (born on November 4, 2000).
* Ariel Rivera 3x platinum (300,000 copies)
* Simple Lang 3x platinum (300,000 copies)
* Photograph Gold (50,000 copies)
* Paskong Walang Katulad Gold (50,000 copies)
* Getting to Know Platinum (100,000 copies)
* Aawitin Ko Na Lang Gold (50,000 copies)
* In My Life 2x platinum (200,000 copies)
* Platinum Hits 5x platinum (500,000 copies)
* total Philippine sales: 1.6 million
* see Ariel Rivera discography for worldwide sales
 Filipino Music Awards
* 1992: Best Performance by a New Male Recording Artist
* 1997: Music Video of the Year ( Tunay Na Ligaya )
* 1999: Best Vocal Performance of the Year by a Duo/Group: "I Don't Love You Anymore" with Lea Salonga
Maria Cielito "Pops" Lukban Fernandez (born December 12, 1966 in Quezon City, Philippines) also known as the Concert Queen is a Filipino singer, actress and song writer. She started her career at age 16, and is now one of the most popular concert artists in the Philippines.
The daughter of Filipino action star Eddie Fernandez and her mother Dulce Lukban, Pops Fernandez is one of the Philippines' most well-known and enduring vocalists. . Fernandez began her musical career at age 16 when she signed a contract with OctoArts in 1981.
In 1982, Fernandez released her first LP, Pops, and started co-hosting the TV variety series Penthouse Live! with Martin Nievera. Fernandez quickly became an immensely popular teen idol in the Philippines; the press even dubbed her as the country's "Concert Queen" for her ability to attract huge crowds. Her face appeared on the covers of countless magazines. Five years after Penthouse Live! debuted, the show was replaced by Martin and Pops Twogether. Instead of merely working with one another, Nievera and Fernandez had gotten married. Martin and Pops Twogether was canceled after two years, and the couple separated in 1998. They have two sons, Robin and Ram.
In 1995, Fernandez joined the cast of another variety program ASAP together with her husband Martin Nievera, Dayanara Torres, and Ariel Rivera.
Fernandez was chosen as Best Female Musical Variety Show Host at the KBP Golden Dove Awards in 1999. Fernandez' fan following extends beyond the geographical boundaries of the Philippines; she has toured in the U.S., Japan, Hong Kong, Guam, and Italy. Fernandez released Shindig Live in 2001.
To her credit, Pops is the most sought after female entertainer in the Philippines. The multi-talented performer recorded a series of songs that reached the top of the charts and attracted sell-out crowds in huge, hometown venues such as Araneta Coliseum and the Rizal Football Stadium, as well as the General Motors Palace in Vancouver. More recently, she launched Pipay, her own fashion collection.
Pops sparked controversy by posing on the cover of FHM Philippines for their August 2006 issue.
In June 2007 Pops had a show with Kuh Ledesma in Las Vegas. She was preparing for her December concert at the Araneta Coliseum marking her 25th year in showbiz. When she was asked whether she would invite Martin as one of her guests, she said:“We haven’t talked about it yet. I haven’t asked him yet.”
Kuh Ledesma and Pops Fernandez with special guest Chokoleit will be at the Memphis area (Pop stars of the Philippines, 8 p.m. Cannon Center for the Performing Arts, 255 N. Main.)
* 1982. Pops (Gold Award)
* 1983. Pops Fernadez in Love
* 1984. Heading for the Top
* 1986. The Best of Pops Fernandez (Gold Award)
* 1990. Awesome (Platinum Award)
* 1991. Change
* 1996. Colours
* 1999. Nagmamahal Pa Rin Sa 'Yo (Gold Award)
* 1999. Moments (Gold Award)
* 2001. Shindig Live
* 2001. The Story of Pops Fernandez
* 2002. The Way I Feel Inside (Gold Award)
* 2004. When Words Are Not Enough
* 2006. Silver
* 2006. Don't Say Goodbye (Re-released)
* Zsazsa Zaturnnah Ze Moveeh (2006)
* Videoke King (2002)
* Gusto Ko Ng Lumigaya (2000)
* Linlang (1999)
* Tamis Ng Unang Halik (1990)
* Kung Maibabalik Ko Lang (1989)
* Magic To Love (1989)
* Sa Puso Ko Hahalik Ang Mundo (1988)
* Stupid Cupid (1988)
* Shoot That Ball (1987)
* Si Mister At Si Misis (1986)
* Always And Forever (1986)
* Payaso (1986)
* Give Me Five (1984)
* Paano Ba Ang magmahal (1984)
* Just Say You Love Me (1982)
* Pag-ibig Pa (1982)
 Television Stints
* Moon River(2009) ABS-CBN
* I Love Betty La Fea (2009) - ABS-CBN
* POPS! (2005) - ABC5
* Sing-galing ni Pops (2005) - ABC
* Twin Hearts (2003-2004) - GMA
* All Together Now (2003) - GMA
* SOP (2003-2004)
* Morning Girls (2002) - ABS-CBN
* Nagmamahal pa rin sa iyo - ABS-CBN
* ASAP (1995-2003) - ABS-CBN
* P.O.P.S. (Pops on Primetime Saturday / 1992) - ABC
* Martin and Pops Twogether (1988)
* Penthouse Live! (1982-1987) - GMA
* Eat Bulaga (1979) - RPN9
* Buhok Pinoy
Patok na patok with Ariel Ureta